nearly perfect sleeping weather-cold, windows open, submerged in blankets mmmmmmm
hair is a funny thing. while it used to grow on the top of my head and not other places, it now grows many other places and barely on the top of my head. tonight i had to cut nose and ear hair and felt old. i've done this before, but only one small one here or there. suddenly my nose and ears became home to many new little hairs. and let me tell you that cutting hair on noses and ears is very difficult; the mirror throws everything off...or maybe i'm just that uncoordinated. just the time the hairs were cut, i glanced down to see a poor beetle stuck in a cob web. yes, the bathroom is clean, but there is not a toe kick under the cupboards so it is open to the rest of the concrete basement. nonetheless, i saw the beetle struggle until seemed to give up. i'm glad humans do not have to worry about giant cob webs because they are sticky and relatively strong. it took a long time to free the little beast because i had to delicately release his legs from the sticky web. after all was said and done, i gave him a good word and let him on his way to the world under the cupboard.
that's it. sorry if it was anticlimactic but i decided not to add an exciting, fictional ending. shit
my mom wasn't happy that i saved Beatle the beetle

7 Comments:
Ummmmmmmm Yeah,
I guess that happens to some people. I grow hair on my head mostly though, thank God!
I can understand your mother's sentiments. I'm not a big fan of beetles. But when you describe the rescue process like you did, I can't help but be pleased that you saved the little creature!
Oh, and I definately agree with you about the perfect sleeping weather...fall seems to have come early to southern Ontario this year, and I love it.
oh andrew - keep orange city safe for me okay?
one bug at a time, ponch...one bug at a time
way to save the beetle... and way to prune yourself too. Hair is very odd... it doesn't seem to ever come and go as we would like it to.
stay well.
hey baldy, hows about an update!
Post a Comment
<< Home