Monday, July 10, 2006

yay for kids

after work i left my house for a bike ride with my dog, Nilla. While peddling through the park i came upon a boy who had just fallen off of his bike. He explained to me how it happened as he tried to keep from weeping. i comforted him and made sure he was OK. He wasn't bleeding or anything and by the time i left he was ready to get back on his bike...it was fun sitting there with this kid (i forgot to ask his name). A few blocks later i rode past another young boy holding a sign trying to sell baseball/basketball cards. I talked to him for a bit but he wasn't a good salesman. Despite his lack of words, he made my day. The world is pretty messed up; it was refreshing to see kids being kids.

in other news, i'm back from GR back to work. The drive went well...the junkyard jetta worked flawlessly and rode like a true, German masterpiece.

8 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Jeffy said...

Kids are really funny sometimes

but I'm working with this kid who's 16 and he's just dripping with sarcasm

It's annoying

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger sara without an 'h' said...

kids are wonderfully refreshing sometimes! did you buy any cards?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Dena said...

So will your true German masterpiece be making it up to Canada anytime in the next two weeks? We need to talk soon!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Justine Ann said...

keep having fun with cars and kinds. I think it's very healthy.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Justine Ann said...

i meant to say 'kids'.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a blog here now. I hope I don't offend you with its content. It's to keep in touch with you and angela.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"in touch" "touch base" who have i become?

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Hey! yeah. I find kids are refreshing as well.

Good to hear about you! And you should follow Dena's advice and come to Canada.

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home