For many, watching two films in the course of two days would be nothing unusual. However, I had not watched a movie for quite some time before wednesday. The first movie was No Country For Old Men - a film that was recommended to me a while back. When i heard it had won a few oscars or academy awards (not sure which one :) , i figured it would be a worthwhile investment of my time...this isn't to say that i live my life based on what hollywood says...at least not yet.
So no country for old men was well done. Now, I'm no Ebert, but this movie seemed to have a lot going on that i didn't catch. The dialouge was amazing, and so i will have to re-watch it to pick up on everything going on behind the moving pictures (at least i assume there is more for me to catch/understand). If anyone else has seen it, i'd love to hear your thoughts...or read your thoughts i guess...unless you call me.
The second movie was called We Own The Night. It was entertaining, the good guys won, and life was closer to peachy than if the bad guys had succeeded.
I find that I obtain good blogging thoughts (whatever that means) when i am laying in bed and don't feel like getting up to type or when i'm not near the interweb...
Although it is snowing today, the weather here has been very nice. I love snow, but spring fever is already setting in and so I am, once again, researching camping gear. There are two items i have been saving up for for a long time, and hopefully this is the year to get at least one of them. The first is a good, lightweight, backpacking tent. The second is a multi-fuel, small camping stove. If anyone out there has experience with any of these I would love to hear your thoughts on a given product or brand.
Good day,
ANdrew

1 Comments:
I love my coleman single burner. It runs on regular fuel which cuts down on expensive one time use canisters, it also has a large fuel capacity and extra fuel is easily stored in a sigg, so I guess I would recommend that. A heads up...the scratch and dent sail is later this month!
Post a Comment
<< Home